Read moreShow less
Dry wide berooms dried and packaged by Frutos Secos San Blas in 5Kgs bag and 25Kg bag formats.
Berooms have many nutritional benefits recognized:
- They are diuretic, purifying and antireumatic, helping to eliminate toxins through urine.
- It is recommended to consume bee seeds to people with Parkinson's, because they are rich in the amino acid levodopa (L-DOPA), precursor to dopamine, a neurotransmitter involved in the treatment of the disease, improving motor capabilities.
- The above properties are also useful in Alzheimer's disease.
- In the stems of the bean are isoflavns or phytosterols (plant estrogens) that behave in the body supplementing the deficits of estrogen hormones that occur during menopause, helping to combat some symptoms such as hot flashes.
- Consumption of tender beans helps remove fat from the arteries, lowering cholesterol.
- The only downside of berooms is that they can be quite indigestible. If eaten tenderly they are easier to digest but, if they are consumed dry, they should be soaked a day before (like any legume) and cooked in salted water so that they do not cause gastric problems.